Montag, 25. Juni 2007

Circus Bar

During my education a few years back, I used to work in the bar of a hostel. The name of the hostel was Circus - and in someway that fit very well.
The first bar of that hostel was small. In fact, it was smaller than the flat I live in right now, and that barely has 50 qm. The first bar was fantastic: a small room at groundlevel, with a tiny bar where we sold beer in bottels and mixed drinks, with two computers and a big TV. There also was a room downstairs, with some old comfortable chairs, and 3 automatic pay-washing-maschines. Pretty much everything you would need for a small hostel. In the morning they served breakfast, during the day everyone came to check their emails, and at night all the foreign tourists came to start the night with a few cheap drinks, maybe meet someone you could go out and party with.

Of course everyone liked the man behind the bar.

I was happy working there, even though it was one of the hardes times in my life. Working 2 nights a week, sometimes 3, next to a fulltime education - you can only do that when you are young. But it did have some benefits. Girls! There where so many girls from all around the world, and they where all eager to have a good time. What more can they ask for than a native guide, good looking (yeah, I was thin back then), friendly, with good english-skills. I don't know how many tours I gave to girls, and with quite some of them, a tour endet at night at my place. It was basicly what they wanted, a nice adventure in a great city, and for me it was just fine. I just came out of a terible relation - and didn't want to slide right back in a new one. I just wanted to have fun, and I did.

So the easyest way to pick up a girl is not to go to a bar, but to work there, because behind a bar you are always two notches cooler than the regular customer.
Of course, if there is a lot of work, you miss out on all the conversation, maybe have to let one girl go with a jerk or something like that, but in the end you get to know a lot of beautyful woman.

Keine Kommentare: